Master of Public Administration College of Charleston, May 2013
Certificate in Arts Management
Bachelor of Fine Art University of South Carolina, December, 2006
Major: Art Education, Minor: Art History
- Arts Management, College of Charleston, May 2013.
- Arts Education, South Carolina Board of Education, July 2007.
Museum Educator Consultant
- Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art October 2016 – May 2018
Visual Art Specialist
- Qatar Academy Doha September 2014 – Present
- Berkeley County School District August 2007 – June 2014
- Special Talent Enrichment Program (STEP) Art Instructor August 2008 – June 2014
- VCU Qatar, Community Classes, Fall 2015
- Redux Contemporary Art Center, Fall 2012
- Lead Teacher of Arts, Qatar Academy Doh, August 2015 – Present
- Business Manager, Redux Contemporary Art Center, January 2013 – January 2014
- Pecha Kucha Charleston Summer, Fall – 2013
- Redux Contemporary Art Center May 2012 – January 2013
- Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry Spring 2012
- Experience in English Second Language Learning
- Knowledge of fine art, including drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, fiber arts, photography, printmaking, bookmaking and art history
- Develop and implement long range plans and assessment for educational programming and events
- Development and implementation of arts integrated lesson plans with a focus on PYP Curriculum, Common Core Standards and STEM (or STEAM)
- Create partnerships between students, artists, boards and other organizations to enhance the arts community
- Curating student work for exhibition
- Grant writing and management
- Lead in strategic financial management
- Develop and implement assessment strategies and benchmarks for program analysis
- Recruitment, selection, training, and policy implementation of educators, staff and interns to meet programming needs
- Volunteer management
- IB Workshops: Making the PYP Happen (March 2015), The role of the arts (Jan, 2016), Transdisciplinary learning (June, 2015), Collaborative Planning, (2017), The Exhibition (November 2017).
- Teaching Through Inquiry, Andrea Muller, 2015.
- Integrating the Reggio Emilia Principles and Philosophy, Jan 2015.
- Connecting Collections, MoMA, July 2015.
- Practical Ideas for Vocabulary Learning, Sheena Cameron, 2016.
- Women in Islam: A Contemporary Vision, Georgetown Qatar, 2016.
- The Mindful Educator, Elissa Ballard, Feb. 2017.
- EDI Train the Trainer Workshop, October 2017.
- The Role of Concepts, Andrea Muller, Jan 2018.
- Coaching Principles and Skills in Educational Settings, Alexis Crump, EDI, March 2018.
- Studio Workshops: Arabic Calligraphy- Thuluth, VCUQ (Apr – Jun 2015) Silk Painting, VCUQ (Oct – Nov 2015); Marbling and Ebru, VCUQ (Feb – Mar 2016); Jewelry Making VCUQ (Apr 2018)
- Mini NESA, Bridging the Gap in Science through Literacy, Art and Technology, 2016.
- Mini NESA, Using Visual Arts to Teach Curriculum, 2014.
- Qatar Academy Yearbook Committee 2016 – Present
- Qatar Academy Social Committee 2014 – Present
- Charleston Association of Grant Professionals 2013 – 2014
- Women’s Caucus for Art, Treasurer, Charleston 2009 – 2010
- PTA Reflections Committee, Chair 2007 – 2014
- National Art Educators Association September 2006 – Present