Visual Arts Specialist
Tariq bin Ziad School, August 2021 – June 2023
- Develop and implement Visual Arts Program for K-4
Pan American School of Porto Alegre, July 2019 – 2021
- Initiated and implemented PASPoA Digital Art Exhibition 2019/2020.
- Launched virtual drawing class for K5 – G3 students during distance learning.
- Analyzed and designed Visual Arts Curriculum, Preschool to Grade 3.
Qatar Academy Doha, August 2014 – June 2019.
- Initiated and implemented Artist in Residency and Arts Week Programs.
- Collaborated with classroom teachers and Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art to develop a year long integrated program with grade 4 students.
- Collaborated with Qatar Solar Technology: Shams Generation Education program.
Berkeley County School District, August 2007 – 2014.
- Collaborated with local arts studios to organize and provide on site arts opportunities for Students in Advanced Art programs.
- Lead Teacher of Arts, Qatar Academy Doha, August 2015 – 2019.
- Business Manager, Redux Contemporary Art Center, January 2013 – January 2014.
Masters of Public Administration, College of Charleston, May 2013
Bachelor of Fine Art, University of South Carolina, December 2006.
- Major: Art Education, Minor: Art History
- Arts Management, College of Charleston, May 2013.
- Arts Education, South Carolina Board of Education, July 2007.
- IB Workshops: Making the PYP Happen (March 2015), The role of the arts (Jan, 2016), Transdisciplinary learning (June, 2015), Collaborative Planning, (2017), The Exhibition (November 2017).
- iStem Conference, Doha Qatar, 2018.
- Teaching Through Inquiry, Andrea Muller, 2015.
- Integrating the Reggio Emilia Principles and Philosophy, Jan 2015.
- Connecting Collections, MoMA, July 2015.
- Practical Ideas for Vocabulary Learning, Sheena Cameron, 2016.
- Women in Islam: A Contemporary Vision, Georgetown Qatar, 2016.
- The Mindful Educator, Elissa Ballard, Feb. 2017.
- EDI Train the Trainer Workshop, October 2017.
- The Role of Concepts, Andrea Muller, Jan 2018.
- Coaching Principles and Skills in Educational Settings, Alexis Crump, EDI, Feb. 2018.
- Studio Workshops: Arabic Calligraphy- Thuluth, VCUQ (Apr – Jun 2015) Silk Painting, VCUQ (Oct – Nov 2015); Marbling and Ebru, VCUQ (Feb – Mar 2016); Jewelry Making VCUQ (Apr 2018)
- Knowledge of fine art, including drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, fiber arts, photography, printmaking, bookmaking and art history
- Development and implementation of arts integrated lesson plans with a focus on PYP Curriculum, Reggio Emilia, Common Core Standards and STEM (or STEAM)
- Create partnerships between students, artists, boards and other organizations to enhance the arts community
- Curating student work for exhibition
- Develop and implement assessment strategies and benchmarks for educational programs and events.
- Recruitment, selection, training, and policy implementation of educators, staff and interns to meet programming needs
- Experience in English Second Language Learning
- Volunteer management
- Mini NESA, Bridging the Gap in Science through Literacy, Art and Technology, 2016.
- Mini NESA, Using Visual Arts to Teach Curriculum, 2014.
Membership and Extra Curricular
- PanAmerican School of Porto Alegre Distance Learning Committee 2020.
- Qatar Academy Yearbook Committee 2016 – 2019
- Qatar Academy Social Committee 2014 – 2019
- National Art Educators Association September 2006 – Present